3.08.2010

Swoon, and a little something old & something new...

Color the inside of my house white, throw in plenty of wood and metal accents, and color me happy. Stumbled across this dream of a home on one of my favorite blogs, design sponge. Click here for a full view.



I've decided to fashion myself a little inspiration board for my work space; so today I headed to a local thrift store in the hopes of scoring some supplies. As is often the case, I didn't find what I was looking for, though I did come across a few other treasures, obviously completely unrelated to the task at hand, but sweet nonetheless.



It happens that I was interested in acquiring some white sheets for a little sewing project. And I found the most beautifully worn, soft, and spotless set. Also found a funny oval ceramic vase and a glass jar; both of which will soon house a succulent or two. Will keep you posted on the progress of both projects.

In the meantime, I wanted to profess my love for second hand treasures. Junk shops, thrift stores, antique malls, garage sales, flea markets, and the occasional free pile have supplied me with some of my most treasured objects. Objects that possess a previous history and bring a depth that couldn't be acquired by anything found at Ikea or Pottery Barn. Don't get me wrong, I love the fresh and the new, but I also think everyone should poke around for alternative sources. Take a day, or an hour, to check out what happens to be there right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment